"They're not smores; they're samosas!"

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Fighting the Irish

St. Patrick's Day is finally here. Shamrock Shakes (a delicacy now extinct), Lucky Charms (don't buy them from Extra Foods this week...OVER-PRICED), Leprechauns (who knew angst could be so funny), the Fighting Irish (correctly picked them to lose in my NCAA pool). Oh, the memories...I guess I have them because I don't drink!

2 wasted tuition payments later and I finally get an indication of when I'll be defending my thesis. My long-awaited feedback from my thesis committee was no feedback at all, so we're good to go once we find a prof from another department who's willing to read my paper and sit in on my committee meeting. Sounds like my defense will happen in mid to late April, which is good and bad. Good because I can finally start preparing for what is likely to be the longest hour of my life, bad because the deadline to apply for graduation is the end of March. In essence, I will be done with my thesis before graduation, but not before the deadline to apply for graduation. I paid tuition for no advice, no feedback and to not graduate this Spring. I'm also pretty sure none of the profs on my committee read my paper until I stopped in this week to ask them what the holdup was.

I think I had more to say, but I'm pretty tired from working today and from the length of the previous paragraph. I think I'll recline and watch the Canucks game instead...or maybe some Walker, Texas Ranger...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home