"They're not smores; they're samosas!"

Friday, March 23, 2007

....

Today I arrived at work to find out that a co-worker of mine had passed away during her vacation in Indonesia. I didn't want to be at work in the first place, but this definitely was not the way I expected to start my day.

I didn't know her all that well outside of work...but she was a friendly, familiar face in an environment where people quickly come and quickly go all the time. She's been at Extra Foods as long as I have, and I've been there a LONG time. We could always start up a conversation...at a lane, in the back room, in the parking lot, at a staff function.

I'll miss the exchange of "how are you?"s and "see ya later!"s. It'll be weird looking at customer service and not seeing her there.

Rest in peace, Karla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home